New Helmet! (Read 6436 times)
az cbr 1
God Member
El Senior Member

Born to Ride

Tempe
New Helmet!
Mar 13th, 2012, 2:13pm

So I've been looking for a new lid for a long time now. Nothing really ever appeals to me cause I think we all just get really used to our current one right? I LOVE mine, however it's 7 years old now. I'm looking for a top of the line race helmet, and there's always 3 that come up. X11 (now X12), Arai Corsair, and the Bell Star. I don't really like any of the graphics on the Arai's or Shoei's but saw this limited edition Star in person and flipped out. Although it wouldn't match anything I own, I think it's pretty badass! What do you guys think?    Shocked

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

IP Logged
ninjitsu
Global Moderator

Uhmm, Hi!

Chandler, AZ
Re: New Helmet!
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2012, 2:52pm

I think that thing looks sick! Did they have to go with COPPER as a color, though? Smiley The carbon fiber and the graphics, aside from the copper color, look awesome.

2009 Kawasaki zx6r
Two Brothers Carbon Slip-On
Fender Elminator
===============
SOLD! 2002 Suzuki SV650s
WWW ninjitsu ninjitsu theromerom 2516518 theromerom theromerom   IP Logged
az cbr 1
God Member
El Senior Member

Born to Ride

Tempe
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2012, 2:56pm

Yeah I kinda think that's was the whole point in the design. Just to make it like no other, including the color! Crazy original for sure. That's it, I'm ordering!   Grin

IP Logged
oopsi8abug
Global Moderator
El Senior Member

AZ Baby
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2012, 6:12pm

Oooh, very cool!

I know what you mean.  There are some really amazing graphics out there but finding graphics you like + the right shape and fit is tricky.  I went for super simple design on my new helmet because they didn't have any graphic Profiles that I liked.  The fit is outstanding though so I'm really happy with it.

oopsi8abug roboccn   IP Logged
Sexual Chocolate
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2012, 9:38am

Make sure it fits your head...

Who cares if it matches.. that's bad ass looking I like the fact that a certain helmet gets attention because then people notice you (and hopefully avoid)

IP Logged
az cbr 1
God Member
El Senior Member

Born to Ride

Tempe
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2012, 9:50am

for sure, man I tell you what, putting the same helmet on your head for 7 years makes everything else feel so weird lol! The two main things that I always put on the top of my helmet list is ventilation one, then weight two.   Looks is a plus but definitely behind all the specs for me for sure. Stability at high speeds a close 3! The Bell Star has a wing they supply to make it super stable at speeds north of 140mph. Nice for all us track junkies!   Shocked

The ratings this helmet got when it came out in 2010 was off the charts but I swore I would never switch from Shoei. But all the video reviews I've seen on race helmets made me do it. I'll probably still use my X11 as well like some of you do with multiple helmets. Nice.

IP Logged
adrenaline
Global Moderator

Valentino Rossi
Fanatic!!

Tempe, AZ
Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2012, 10:01pm

Come on Alan, do you really need a helmet that is good for north of 140?

Ya someone had to say it!!

"Of course a man made it. It's a commercial Lois, not a delicious thanksgiving dinner." --Peter Griffin
WWW adrenaline   IP Logged
az cbr 1
God Member
El Senior Member

Born to Ride

Tempe
Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2012, 10:24pm

adrenaline wrote on Mar 14th, 2012, 10:01pm:
Come on Alan, do you really need a helmet that is good for north of 140?

Ya someone had to say it!!

Since I'm such a nice guy, I thought this all through...I'm always north of 140 on Main, but since there might not be too many trackdays there anymore I knew I could always just give it to Josh to use since he's always north of 140!   Grin

IP Logged
adrenaline
Global Moderator

Valentino Rossi
Fanatic!!

Tempe, AZ
Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2012, 10:24pm

"Of course a man made it. It's a commercial Lois, not a delicious thanksgiving dinner." --Peter Griffin
az cbr 1
God Member
El Senior Member

Born to Ride

Tempe
Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2012, 10:55am

So I got my new helmet a few days ago and today was the first time I used it. I love it! Man I didn't realize how worn out my liner was in my old helmet. Sure it fit great but it was just sorta loose all over after 7 years. The new one fits so snug everywhere now, it feels so much "safer". Another thing I didn't realize is how clear a new visor is without all the wear marks of a 7 years old shield. Now on to test this aerodynamic wing.....   Grin

IP Logged
adrenaline
Global Moderator

Valentino Rossi
Fanatic!!

Tempe, AZ
Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2012, 12:52am

Awesome I can't wait to see it in action!

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print