HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brake line change help (Read 3843 times)
=o^o
God Member

Vroooom, shift.

Chandler
Brake line change help
Dec 07th, 2012, 9:43am

I went to change out the brake lines on my F4i and was a little corn-fused. The rear line is pretty straight forward, so that will be easy. The front lines is what I'm not sure about. So there is one line coming off the master cylinder, down to the front wheel. At the fork, it splits into 2 lines to connect to the 2 calipers. The new lines have banjo fittings on all ends, so 2 lines, 4 banjo ends. The stock set up has a banjo fitting at the master cylinder and calipers. The splitter just has straight lines into it. Am I missing parts or am I supposed to be able to use the stock splitter somehow? I'll have to post some pictures tonight.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

|'05 Honda CBR600 F4i | Micron high mount exhaust | "Your face!"
=o^o   IP Logged
Sexual Chocolate
Ex Member

Re: Brake line change help
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2012, 11:19am

So there are two ways to run lines without the stock splitter (which mades bleeding more difficult because of bubbles getting caught up).  First off they should have sent you a dual length bolt for the two banjo bolts to attach at the top brake MC, you current one has a single.

So you can check your lines to see how long they are or look at your invoice.  

Cabling option #1 is one line goes directly to each Brake Caliper, longer line goes to the clutch side caliper (left side sitting on bike)  My favorite option
Cabling Option #2 is one line goes directly from MC to right side brake caliper and 2nd line goes attaches at right side caliper and goes over the fender to the left side caliper. (a little more difficult to bleed)

unless you got 3 brake lines you will not use that splitter under fork triples .. so remove it.

IP Logged
=o^o
God Member

Vroooom, shift.

Chandler
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2012, 2:29pm

Ooooh! That makes so much more sense. I have 2 lines the same length for the front, so option 2 it is. #2 is kind of what I was thinking but I didn't know how I was going to connect both lines to the master cylinder.

Thank you!!  Cheesy

=o^o   IP Logged
Sexual Chocolate
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2012, 2:45pm

even with same length you might be able to run to both calipers from the MC.. just make sure to lift the headset of the bike to see how much the forks drop so that you don't have the brake lines bind when the front wheel gets light over a dip or on the gas..

Call or email them to find out what method they sent you.
Chris

IP Logged
Sexual Chocolate
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2012, 6:13pm

Remember that on the MC or anywhere you have 2 lines make sure there is a crush washer between the connectors also or it will leak there.

IP Logged
=o^o
God Member

Vroooom, shift.

Chandler
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2012, 10:47pm

10-4. Thanks again!  Cheesy

=o^o   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print